Skip to main content

Declutter - Memory

I think I’m most afraid when I can’t figure out, what I supposed to do next. Maybe you all know this feeling of stuck in between. When you’re completely ready to go and kick another task to the curb, in between you’ll miss little fragments that life offers.

I’m talking about the times, when you have that immediate high that you can accomplish anything on the go, putting a bright wide smile of pride on your face? Heck yeah!

Maybe not.

I’ve realized this feeling for quite sometime, all in the span of morning. Sometimes it goes until I sleep, which keeps me alive.

Memory, It can play trick on us. It fail us when we’re down and out. It can save us when the pressure is on. The people who are able to use their brains effectively can do such wonderful things in the world. And then there are those who avoid using their brains completely and settle into an instant-filled life. I lie on second one, even forgetting my personal little things. My memory can store silly things to huge problems which of no use ( Come on, who needs problems). Forgetting to eat is a hallmark. I miss so damn many meals from the thoughts ' I’ll get this next paragraph done, I’ll get some more sleep and I’ll be lost around some blank space simply doing nothing. And look at the clock, it’s already past 10. Great, I guess I’ll skip food. Then off to do some household chores, reading an unfinished book or simply watching TV (Hey, I’m a human, I need some jokahol (own junk) to live).

Then there are these times, the worry of self- worth floods into me. I think my greatest fear is disappointment. I believe that I’m not a disappointment to anyone. But my brain doesn’t catch up with that. Maybe you know that feeling, that one telling you that you should be doing something, to progress and you lost in that thought, fearing of stagnant mind and character. Huh?

Maybe not.

It’s not easy to remember a lot of stuff from your past. Maybe you don’t want to! Here are some prompts to dive into your memory.

What is your earliest childhood experience or memory?

You have suddenly been given an enhanced brain power that you can remember everything that ‘s ever happened to you nearly at the same time. What do you remember that causes you to change how you behave currently?

If you could change one memory for the better, what would it be and why?

Trace the origins of one of your habits. Figure out when you started doing something that you now do all the time.

Remember back to an extremely happy time in your life.
If you could switch brains with any one person who would it be?

Memory is a great power. We can go through pros and cons of forgetting something in our daily life. Remember whatever you go through, you’re not alone. You’re loved and there is not a single ounce of shame you should feel for seeking a helping hand or perhaps a mind.

Comments

  1. It's really a great stufft that everyone should read ... When I was reading this I was able to travel through scenarios which I've gone through...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a Hindu?

  I was thinking that it might be worthwhile to document my own transition away from faith. What follows is what happened for me. Basically, my family is flexible when it comes to the religious part. My father and I used to be way too friendly. My grandfather was very devoted to Lord Shiva. Luckily for me, my father always stand back to hold. He doesn’t feel any sort of prompt or proxy is needed to be deeply religious. He always prays to one God, Lord Krishna (Guruvayoorappan).                   Children are more vulnerable and emulate those they respect. I still do. My father was a Brahmin, so I became one as well. Realising what I mean by that; I happy being a Brahmin but I didn’t decide to become a Brahmin; it just happened. As a child, if someone you love and respect tells you something is true or illustrates that they believe it be true – it become absolute. There will be no choice in these matters for a human until much later ...

Confessions

Nights are so full of thoughts. It is like you have empty space inside your head at the day time and suddenly a stork drop in your brain from nowhere. But obviously it's not suppose to think of something meaningful because it always like a see-saw. Either it goes to the past or fly over to future. Anyway that illusion of thoughts never going to bother your actions another day. As I already said, the space will be empty at the daytime.

Declutter - Atychiphobia

Have you ever been so afraid of failing at something that you undermined your own efforts in order to avoid a more serious failure? This is for you. Many of us have probably encountered this at least once in our lives. The fear of failure can cause us to do nothing and thus resist moving forward; when we allow the fear to consume us, we will halt our progress in life .  First and foremost, we must understand the concept of failure, specifically what "failure" means. We all define failure differently, and we all have our own benchmarks, values, and beliefs. In reality, failure is the best learning experience for anyone who is willing to learn; it is as simple as that. To be honest, I fail far more often than most people. The majority of my plans, dreams, and thoughts die long before anyone else is aware of it. They die frequently. Despite all of the unfinished projects and failed businesses, my goal is to live life fully on my own terms; after all, all we need is t...