Skip to main content

Declutter - Insomnia

Sleep is a delicious escape. Sleep is an act of faith: we hope that we will wake again. The vast majority of people see insomnia as a problem. 
What exactly is insomnia?

Insomnia is a place of suffering and creation. Insomnia usually begin with a lament. Of we insist viewing insomnia as merely as a matter of negatives, a condition defined by nothing, a blank. The we risk missing what it can potentially reveal.

I love to sleep, I adore naps; the exhale that the day is over. I always like to write at night. I am a metaphorical insomniac; Asleep, but not at rest. Awake, my eyes closed. We have to learn to use this as advantage. Instead of spending that time on social networks, on watching TV, or even reading books. Personally, I prefer to spend those moments reflecting (Introspection).

I estimate last two articles written were the ripen fruits of those nocturnal reflections. “A crisis of good or of evil, a dark night of the soul that may either bless or curse, that can lead in some cases to epiphany and in others to confrontation with chaos and death itself.” – Lisa Russ Spaar.

But how I can manage my sleep time?

There are two reasons why I have this 'free time' in bed. I usually sleep past midnight but I go early to bed. The other reason is that I used to wake up at the middle of my sleep and I can’t go back to sleep anymore. I even have days where I can sleep only 3 or 4 hours. I write everything that crossed my mind the other night in the morning or wherein I can have my leisure in my busy-dizzy day time. I don’t stop writing until the article is ready for editing. I feel empowered to find a sleep solution has made a huge difference in not just my sleep but my life and I’ve stopped trying to be a perfect sleeper.

Remember whatever you go through, You’re not alone. You’re loved and there is not a single ounce of shame you should feel for seeking a helping hand or perhaps a mind. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter Ten - Meddle up!

Govrav drives her home, which is a qui ck trip considering his house is within walking distance. Govrav: All right, here we are. Hardhikk: Govrav,   how'd you know where   Ahana lives? Govrav:   I've driven her home from school and uh... speaking of school. you know where I live now, so I guess you can come over to work on our project. Ahana: Okay!   How about I come over tomorrow? Right after school? Govrav: Sure.I can give you a lift then. You can get out of my car now. Ahana: There's the Govrav I remember. Govrav: What? But I didn't go anywhere. Ahana: Whatever you say. Govrav: That's the last time I do you a favor. Ahana: Yeah I've heard that before. Say goodbye Hardhikk. Hardhikk: Bye, Govrav! Thanks for the ride home. Govrav: Bye, kid. Come visit agin, okay? Hardhikk: Okay! Ahana: If only he was this pleasant all the time, I wouldn't object to calling him a friend. the next day brings the pouring rain that the previous night's cloud had promised. t

Paradise Unpaved!

Imagine how hard it is to break up the asphalt with a small pickaxe. It is not even a good one as it has seen so many asphalts and tortured itself to make the way better. Now imagine you’ve been doing it for several days. The sun gets hotter day by day. There is a heaviness on the body, aches you to rest for a while, makes you sweat like a boiling pot, itchy like a bug landing on you.   The dust makes you feel more and more uncomfortable. Sometimes tiny sprinkles of water that wheeling down the black dust on your face. Irretrievable. The job is so unpleasant to imagine. This has been Madhav’s existence for almost a year. Madhav, his pickaxe and the pavement. I have seen him worried that his arms won’t know how to do anything else by the time he gets to stop. Will they remember to buy him colouring notebooks just to see his golden smile. But he never forgets to wear his bright smile in front of his child. Sometimes, he gets to use a shovel to heave the concrete into the circulating wh

Am I a Hindu?

  I was thinking that it might be worthwhile to document my own transition away from faith. What follows is what happened for me. Basically, my family is flexible when it comes to the religious part. My father and I used to be way too friendly. My grandfather was very devoted to Lord Shiva. Luckily for me, my father always stand back to hold. He doesn’t feel any sort of prompt or proxy is needed to be deeply religious. He always prays to one God, Lord Krishna (Guruvayoorappan).                   Children are more vulnerable and emulate those they respect. I still do. My father was a Brahmin, so I became one as well. Realising what I mean by that; I happy being a Brahmin but I didn’t decide to become a Brahmin; it just happened. As a child, if someone you love and respect tells you something is true or illustrates that they believe it be true – it become absolute. There will be no choice in these matters for a human until much later in life. The society is constructed in this pace, this