Skip to main content

Declutter - Depression

I came across a 21 days challenge, in which I was asked to do routine exercises and decluttering. In that I was immensely attracted and loved to do was the gratitude and Self care part. One day, I was asked to write about how depressive you are and how would came out of it!? 

So I would like to share it out with you.

Thinking back, I believe, I began to experience depression since I was sixteen years of age. Though, I didn’t recognise it for what until I was Twenty years old. In between, all those years were I believed that it was the demotivation which is crucially doomed my all strengths and it was the reason of my laziness, pessimism and struggles.

I often thought, “You have every single opportunity in the world to live happy and fulfilling life and you’re throwing it all down the drain by acting stupid.”  I thought that with enough work on myself and to the cores, I can change myself to power and happiest life I ever want it to be, I could become more happier, better and productive. Every time I see myself a change, I'd wake one morning to find myself unable to even get out of bed. 

It was when I hit the lowest of lows. I question myself that I just couldn’t ever seem to be happy, Can I? My lack of energy and motivation grow bigger and thrown out as laziness. Perhaps my unhappiness wasn’t only my own fault.

Overtime, Depression only thrilled me to name it as my daily routine and terrified me to the bone. Some days, I still feel helpless and I have some days which I feel very much ventilated, driven and passionate but they often get lost among the days in which I feel hollow, desparate in my despair.

Everyone knows how hard it can be to fight against feelings of failure. But the ways in which depression holding you back are not your fault. You’re not a failure, you’re not inept. Honor your lows in the same way you do your highs. Take breaks. Forgive yourself when nothing gets done. Rest in the knowledge. 

Get to know about your depression level. Dig deep into understanding how it manifests itself into your life and find ways to combat it. You’re not alone. You’re loved and there is not a single ounce of shame you should feel for seeking a helping hand or perhaps a mind. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a Hindu?

  I was thinking that it might be worthwhile to document my own transition away from faith. What follows is what happened for me. Basically, my family is flexible when it comes to the religious part. My father and I used to be way too friendly. My grandfather was very devoted to Lord Shiva. Luckily for me, my father always stand back to hold. He doesn’t feel any sort of prompt or proxy is needed to be deeply religious. He always prays to one God, Lord Krishna (Guruvayoorappan).                   Children are more vulnerable and emulate those they respect. I still do. My father was a Brahmin, so I became one as well. Realising what I mean by that; I happy being a Brahmin but I didn’t decide to become a Brahmin; it just happened. As a child, if someone you love and respect tells you something is true or illustrates that they believe it be true – it become absolute. There will be no choice in these matters for a human until much later ...

She!

Episode 1 It was a bright sunny day. Everyone in the premises was busy walking and bussing around, while she had no one to take care of. Even the so called relatives were busy on their work including her parents, were not even visited her once. She was walking with severe pain, as the water just broke and the child were ready to enter the bright hell fire from the gracious paradise in the dark. It was 3.40 am, Meanwhile her husband was searching for grape juice in town. A glorious angel was born.

Life

Place the heart with your mind Go to the path that soul can bind Honor your presence Valor your brave Be with you everytime Never show feelings Never be a clown Harden the ravine That never can progress Strict your heart Stick with ardour Ignore the universe That can make decrepit