Skip to main content

Chapter Six - Project!

Ahana: What's up with this guy?

Hema: Now, Ahana I know what this look like..

Ahana: Hema. There's no explanation for this. A random girl showed up and hugged him in front of everyone and they promptly ditched me. If you can explain that way, I'd be impressed.

Hema: I know, I know, this looks pretty bad and explanation is going to sound weirder. They're not dating, so rest assured.

Ahana: Rest assured, are you serious?

Hema: Uh.. umm.. It's little complicated. Ugh.. this is such a sucky situation. I'm really sorry Ahana. Trust me when I say, he's just going through some stuff with his past, and this is a part of that.

Ahana: I don't care, Don't tell me the details. I can't waste my time even thinking about this.

Hema: Ahana!

Ahana: It's okay Hema. I know you're trying to comfort me, but I really don't need it right now.

Hema: Okay, I understand. But as a friend, I remind you that Govrav and Revathi aren't a thing. It's just little complicated with them.

Rajesh drifts back at her, looks apprehensively. She hadn't even noticed that he left.

Rajesh: That was a shot show. Wasn't it?

Ahana: Tell me about it.

Rajesh and Hema exchange a look.

Hema: Come on, let's try to enjoy together.

Ahana: (I just want to take my mind off of Govrav and whatever just happened as soon as possible) Let's rub in his face how much fun we're having.

Hema: Hell yeah. Ahana! Let's just show him.

Rajesh and Hema group hugs with Ahana.

Ahana: I haven't laughed this much in a while. I'm glad I met these two.

The rest of the evening goes without a hitch, and you're even able to have fun with Hema and Rajesh. But Govrav spends the rest of time with Revathi.


The following Monday, She's back at school, sitting at her seat. Her eyes flicker to the door every few minutes, but Govrav hasn't come in yet. She's anticipating his imminent arrival with dread. She haven't spoken to him since the coffee day.

Ahana: I think it's the best that I just stop talking to him. We went to the cafe, he's seeing another girl, and we're not really friends. Whatever obligations we had to each other are fulfilled. No point in taking on more hurt.

Hema is the first friendly face to arrive. She makes the beeline to your her desk.

Hema: Hey Ahana, have you talked with Govrav since past week.

Ahana: Nah! But speaking of that cafe. I wanted to say thanks for keeping me company.

Hema: Ofcourse, I told you, we're friends.

Ahana: Thanks Hema.

Hema: And as a friend, I remind you that Govrav and Revathi aren't dating.

Ahana: I told you that I don't care about that.

Hema: Really. I don't want you to bother about that.

Ahana: Why Would I be bothered by it? It's not like I like him. (Maybe not anymore. at least)

Hema: I know their relationship is weird.

Ahana: Understatement.

Hema: But Govrav tells everyone that he's single and Revathi knows that.

Ahana: Then that sounds like a mess. I don't want to be a part of it.

Hema: Well, you still sit with us for lunch today, right?

Ahana: Yes Hema. We're friends. Don't worry about that. I'll be there.

The classroom door opens, Govrav comes in. He too wastes no time coming up to her desk.

Govrav: Hey, Did you get home okay?

Ahana: I'm glad you asked. Yes, obviously. Prarta took me home. I had a curfew.

Govrav: You should've told. I was looking for you.

Ahana: You were clearly busy. And I don't want to bother you.

Govrav: You don't understand. What are even....

Mr. Hari: Govrav and Ahana, bell's about to ring. Get to your desks, please.

Right on cue, bell chimes, Hema and Govrav go back to their respective desks.

Govrav looks like he has more to say, but reluctantly returns to his desk.

Mr. Hari: All right kiddos, I already said last week that we're going to start our first major project.

Ahana: Crap, I forget about, I hate literature projects.

Mr.Hari: So this is a partnered project and each pair will co-write a children's book. I know it sounds simple, but I assure you, it's not. After you guys pair up, I'll give you the project outline. When I call your name, just say who you'd like to get partnered with and if that person agrees, you'll work together.

She sighs and tune out the sounds of students naming their chosen partners as Mr. Hari reads down the attendance.

Ahana: May be Hema will choose me, although I have the sneaking suspicion that Rajesh will choose her first. And Govrav certainly isn't going to choose me.

Mr. Hari: All right, Govrav, who do you want for a partner?

Govrav: Ahana.

Ahana: What?

Mr. Hari: Ahana, Is that okay with you?

Ahana: Oh.. uh sure. That's fine.

As she speak, right when Mr. Hari looks away, a wadded up piece of paper hits her at the side of her head.

Ahana: Oh! What's this?

She unfold and read the paper. "Say yes or else.."

He thought  I would say no that fast huh? (Smiles)

She turns to face Govrav. Whose face is a cocktail of shock and embarrassment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a Hindu?

  I was thinking that it might be worthwhile to document my own transition away from faith. What follows is what happened for me. Basically, my family is flexible when it comes to the religious part. My father and I used to be way too friendly. My grandfather was very devoted to Lord Shiva. Luckily for me, my father always stand back to hold. He doesn’t feel any sort of prompt or proxy is needed to be deeply religious. He always prays to one God, Lord Krishna (Guruvayoorappan).                   Children are more vulnerable and emulate those they respect. I still do. My father was a Brahmin, so I became one as well. Realising what I mean by that; I happy being a Brahmin but I didn’t decide to become a Brahmin; it just happened. As a child, if someone you love and respect tells you something is true or illustrates that they believe it be true – it become absolute. There will be no choice in these matters for a human until much later ...

Confessions

Nights are so full of thoughts. It is like you have empty space inside your head at the day time and suddenly a stork drop in your brain from nowhere. But obviously it's not suppose to think of something meaningful because it always like a see-saw. Either it goes to the past or fly over to future. Anyway that illusion of thoughts never going to bother your actions another day. As I already said, the space will be empty at the daytime.

Declutter - Atychiphobia

Have you ever been so afraid of failing at something that you undermined your own efforts in order to avoid a more serious failure? This is for you. Many of us have probably encountered this at least once in our lives. The fear of failure can cause us to do nothing and thus resist moving forward; when we allow the fear to consume us, we will halt our progress in life .  First and foremost, we must understand the concept of failure, specifically what "failure" means. We all define failure differently, and we all have our own benchmarks, values, and beliefs. In reality, failure is the best learning experience for anyone who is willing to learn; it is as simple as that. To be honest, I fail far more often than most people. The majority of my plans, dreams, and thoughts die long before anyone else is aware of it. They die frequently. Despite all of the unfinished projects and failed businesses, my goal is to live life fully on my own terms; after all, all we need is t...