Skip to main content

Chapter Two - Beat the heat!


In the Corridor:

Hema: I didn't expect this!

Rajesh: So did I!

Govrav: Aha! Funny though. She looks cute anddddd Nevermind!

Hema: Hey! Sweet girl.

She suddenly waves at a girl, as he turns towards the point Hema looks at, It was the same girl who stomped off few minutes before. He then turns to Rajesh and chatting.

Ahana: Hello to you. I don't know you. May I know who you are?

Hema: We are the friends of the one who got hit by your canteen garbage. Anyway nice to meet you dear. Are you new here?

Rajesh: Can't you see her attitude and how the hell someone knows about him can actually do this kind of artwork. Hey babe! Rajesh. I like your painting though.

Ahana: (Smirk) I can do this anytime for you.

Govrav: You think I am going to run around like a puppy behind a mean girl and hit someone with this garbage huh! Hell dude. What's up with your courtesy for doing this? Did it buried with your sweet little sister?

Ahana: Sorry! Nothing I can do now and I hadn't seen you in there.

Govrav: Cool! Your sorry cannot buy me a new shirt.

Hema: Calm down maniac. You're frightening her with your attitude.

Govrav: Whatever! Leaves.

After the classes:

Prarta: Oh dear! I wonder how will you make my quest complete? A dare

Ahana: I don't think I can do it. Can't you drop this please.

Prarta: No can do. Go now.

Govrav stands near the locker room. Searching for his football jersey. As she approach him slowly and nervously. He faces her suddenly. They both hit themselves and the books were fell down.

Govrav: Why is that everytime you see me in a complete mess. So spill the beans, are you stalking me?

Ahana: Why should I? (Clears throat)

He continues checking in to the locker. She murmurs herself that here goes nothing.

Ahana: Could you think that we can have a cup of coffee. That is up to your decision. No worries if you can't go. ( nervous)

Govrav: (thinks) Okay!

Ahana: Looks surprised. Huh!? Really?

Govrav: Why? You didn't expect me to go with you? Can you please leave now. I have many things to deal with.

Ahana: Mean! (Angrily goes off).

Back in the Courtyard:

Prarta and Aegna curiously wait to see Ahana's dull face. Their expression can tell that they think he has turn Ahana's proposal down.

Prarta: Oh dear! I understand your situation. Don't feel he's not worth it.

Aegna: It's okay to cry sometimes.

Ahana: Seems like you're the one who would cry now.

Prarta: What do mean?

Ahana: I asked him out and he said yes/ okay. That was happened.

Both Prarta and Aegna looks devastated.

Prarta: You mean, you asked him to coffee with you and he said okay to have it. How silly, he is a total jerk and you're a complete loser. Have a great time together.

Aegna: Wow sick burn.. girl.

Prarta: Now go all yourself to home, I not taking you in my car.

Ahana: Oh my girl you look completely hurt, want to talk about it?

Prarta: Don't you dare talk down to me. Ahana, I know where you sleep.

Ahana: It's okay Prarta. It makes sense to be hurt. What can I say he clearly liked something in me that he didn't like in you.

Prarta: ( Furious) What is there to like in girl who outcast her parents for sick parties?

Ahana: I don't know, I guess popularity isn't everything afterall huh? Everyone can see what a mean person you are and they want to do nothing with you.

Prarta gets furious and make a move to stab you in your chest but Aegna steps in between.

Aegna: Okay okay.. girls, that's enough break it up!

Prarta storms off from courtyard. Aegna follows her.

After she leaves you behind alone!

Govrav: Did she leave you?

You startled to hear a voice suddenly. You turn to see Govrav standing behind you.

Ahana: Oh! Yeah! looks like it.

Govrav: Do you need a ride home?

Ahana: I don't know. I live kind of far and I don't even know how to get back. This is my first day at school!

Govrav: You can ask someone on the way back home.

Ahana: Oh! That's a good idea! I'll ask my aunt for address.

Govrav: Cool! Now come on. I don't have all day long.

Ahana: Okay! Thanks.

As both of you keep silent during the travel. Govrav breaks the silence.

Govrav: Could you please check for address. I don't want to waste diesel.

Ahana: Okay! It is there at the 5th Street, cut to the stationary shop.

Govrav: Fine!

Ahana: Thanks for the ride. I'll pay you back for the diesel.

Govrav: Nevermind.

Rides back the car.

Comments

  1. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Keerthana ,Keep it up.
    Nithyan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sir! It's a pleasure to hear from you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter Ten - Meddle up!

Govrav drives her home, which is a qui ck trip considering his house is within walking distance. Govrav: All right, here we are. Hardhikk: Govrav,   how'd you know where   Ahana lives? Govrav:   I've driven her home from school and uh... speaking of school. you know where I live now, so I guess you can come over to work on our project. Ahana: Okay!   How about I come over tomorrow? Right after school? Govrav: Sure.I can give you a lift then. You can get out of my car now. Ahana: There's the Govrav I remember. Govrav: What? But I didn't go anywhere. Ahana: Whatever you say. Govrav: That's the last time I do you a favor. Ahana: Yeah I've heard that before. Say goodbye Hardhikk. Hardhikk: Bye, Govrav! Thanks for the ride home. Govrav: Bye, kid. Come visit agin, okay? Hardhikk: Okay! Ahana: If only he was this pleasant all the time, I wouldn't object to calling him a friend. the next day brings the pouring rain that the previous night's cloud had promised. t

Paradise Unpaved!

Imagine how hard it is to break up the asphalt with a small pickaxe. It is not even a good one as it has seen so many asphalts and tortured itself to make the way better. Now imagine you’ve been doing it for several days. The sun gets hotter day by day. There is a heaviness on the body, aches you to rest for a while, makes you sweat like a boiling pot, itchy like a bug landing on you.   The dust makes you feel more and more uncomfortable. Sometimes tiny sprinkles of water that wheeling down the black dust on your face. Irretrievable. The job is so unpleasant to imagine. This has been Madhav’s existence for almost a year. Madhav, his pickaxe and the pavement. I have seen him worried that his arms won’t know how to do anything else by the time he gets to stop. Will they remember to buy him colouring notebooks just to see his golden smile. But he never forgets to wear his bright smile in front of his child. Sometimes, he gets to use a shovel to heave the concrete into the circulating wh

Am I a Hindu?

  I was thinking that it might be worthwhile to document my own transition away from faith. What follows is what happened for me. Basically, my family is flexible when it comes to the religious part. My father and I used to be way too friendly. My grandfather was very devoted to Lord Shiva. Luckily for me, my father always stand back to hold. He doesn’t feel any sort of prompt or proxy is needed to be deeply religious. He always prays to one God, Lord Krishna (Guruvayoorappan).                   Children are more vulnerable and emulate those they respect. I still do. My father was a Brahmin, so I became one as well. Realising what I mean by that; I happy being a Brahmin but I didn’t decide to become a Brahmin; it just happened. As a child, if someone you love and respect tells you something is true or illustrates that they believe it be true – it become absolute. There will be no choice in these matters for a human until much later in life. The society is constructed in this pace, this