Skip to main content

Chapter Three - Delusions


As she hears a car honk behind!

Ahana: What now. Govrav?

Govrav: A thing about our meet and greet! Wear red.

Ahana: What's gotten into him. It was my idea of having him for coffee. But he seems to be so interested!!

And with that he drives away, Prarta and Aunt Renu's car are in the driveway. As she walk up into the front door, she wracks up her brain for what he asked her to wear.

Aunt Renu: Hi, Ahana, You're home late.

Ahana: Sorry, I didn't know how to get back here.

Aunt Renu: Is that why you asked about the address.

Ahana: Yeah.

Aunt Renu: Why didn't you get here with Prarta?

Prarta is looking everywhere but at you.

Ahana: Well.. she had a reasonable excuse. I had a ride with someone from school, anyway.

Aunt Renu: You met someone comfortable to get a ride for home with huh?

Prarta: Come on mom, she got home all right.

Aunt Renu: Prarta! I told you to help out. I expect you to take your cousin to home everyday.

Prarta: Fine, Whatever!

She leaves, Aunt Renu sighs and shake her head.

Aunt Renu: I don't know where she get that attitude from. But I'm going to put an end for it.

Ahana get back to her room, rolling her eyes. After entering the room she rummage into knits and knots of every corner in the room.

Ahana: What did I do with that money bank... Oh here it is.Only 500 INR.. how will I manage to get everything set for the coffee with Govrav. (sad)

Ringing.. Hema!

Hema: Hey Girl! I got to know Govrav and you are going for a coffee. Thought of giving you a fashion advice.

Ahana: Hey, Thanks, anyway I need it. You're timely.

Hema: I know. What have you chosen for the occasion?

Ahana: I don't know. I haven't dressed for the occasion like this before.

Hema: So what's your style? Something modern? Or something a little showy?

Ahana: Not important, as long as it's comfortable and I look okay.

Hema: Then you should go for a preppy Jean and slid side crop top with a top knot bun.

Ahana: Ok! I'll go get ready. Thanks ya.

She browse through a rack of dresses in her closet. She remembers what Govrav said to her before he took off.

( He asked me wear red. I do wonder why he want me to wear red. It makes me want to try)

After few minutes, she narrow down to three choices and head to the dressing room to try them on.

Ahana: I don't think I'd find something I like in red but this is perfect!

Aunt Renu: Looks like somebody is trying to sneak outside without my permission huh?

Ahana: Aunty, it's not what it looks like. I was going to inform you before. But something came up.

Aunt Renu: So are you going to tell me now or not?

Ahana: I'm going out tomorrow for a coffee with my school mate.

Aunt Renu: Very well, who is he?

Ahana: Aunty?

Aunt Renu: You're not going to say that friend is a girl and you're dressing up so seriously. Do you? You're a grown up and you know I have crossed your age too.

Ahana: Sorry aunty. I didn't mean like that. It was a dare and nothing more than that.

Aunt Renu: Don't panic. I know the little dare of Prarta. Come back by 8 pm. Understand?

Ahana: Yes aunty.

She put the clothes back in a dresser, saved it for the other day.


Next day at school:

She went to the class in a rush. Where she can find Govrav.

Ahana: (He's a kind of jerk. But it's good to have a friend.. aside from a cousin who wants kill me). Hi Govrav.

Govrav: Hello.

Ahana: I just wanted to thank you again for driving me home yesterday.

Govrav: No big deal.

She pull out 200 INR and hand it over to him.

Ahana: Here.

Govrav: I don't want it.

Ahana: I know I owe you for getting lost yesterday. So here's some money from my side.

Govrav: It's fine.

He ignores her. After a moment of glancing, she goes back to her desk.

After the bell rings she goes bee straight to his desk.

Ahana: Govrav I...

He takes off without so much looking at her, leaving her staring after him.

Ahana: What is up with this guy? What happened between yesterday and today to make him so upset?

I had asked him to come to Cafe tomorrow. Is he ever going to show up?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I a Hindu?

  I was thinking that it might be worthwhile to document my own transition away from faith. What follows is what happened for me. Basically, my family is flexible when it comes to the religious part. My father and I used to be way too friendly. My grandfather was very devoted to Lord Shiva. Luckily for me, my father always stand back to hold. He doesn’t feel any sort of prompt or proxy is needed to be deeply religious. He always prays to one God, Lord Krishna (Guruvayoorappan).                   Children are more vulnerable and emulate those they respect. I still do. My father was a Brahmin, so I became one as well. Realising what I mean by that; I happy being a Brahmin but I didn’t decide to become a Brahmin; it just happened. As a child, if someone you love and respect tells you something is true or illustrates that they believe it be true – it become absolute. There will be no choice in these matters for a human until much later ...

Confessions

Nights are so full of thoughts. It is like you have empty space inside your head at the day time and suddenly a stork drop in your brain from nowhere. But obviously it's not suppose to think of something meaningful because it always like a see-saw. Either it goes to the past or fly over to future. Anyway that illusion of thoughts never going to bother your actions another day. As I already said, the space will be empty at the daytime.

Declutter - Atychiphobia

Have you ever been so afraid of failing at something that you undermined your own efforts in order to avoid a more serious failure? This is for you. Many of us have probably encountered this at least once in our lives. The fear of failure can cause us to do nothing and thus resist moving forward; when we allow the fear to consume us, we will halt our progress in life .  First and foremost, we must understand the concept of failure, specifically what "failure" means. We all define failure differently, and we all have our own benchmarks, values, and beliefs. In reality, failure is the best learning experience for anyone who is willing to learn; it is as simple as that. To be honest, I fail far more often than most people. The majority of my plans, dreams, and thoughts die long before anyone else is aware of it. They die frequently. Despite all of the unfinished projects and failed businesses, my goal is to live life fully on my own terms; after all, all we need is t...